Thursday, February 1, 2018

Yokosuka Bilingual School

The kids went to their first day at the Yokosuka Bilingual School.  They aren't attending school there but once a month they have activities the weekends.  It was pretty much a full school day for them and a great chance for them to meet Japanese kids.
When I came to get them at the end of the day the kids were taking turns telling everyone about their new friend.  They all had a Japanese partner they were supposed to learn about.
Leon was bored and rolling around on the floor.  He had never gone to a full day of school before and by 4 o-clock he was pretty over it.
While the kids were in class Calista and I had the whole day to ourselves.  Bob was working, so we checked out the mall for a while.  This is pretty much how I look whenever I go out, black coat, baby in front, backpack in back.
I just included this next picture because as I was looking through them I thought it was funny how we both looked in the mirror in the first pic and at the camera on the second.
I almost wanted to get these cat pajamas just so I could really experience the marshmallow feel.  Cat things are really popular in Japan.



After the mall we met Bob for lunch then headed home for a nap and yoga before going to get the kids.  It was so nice, I felt like I had all the time in the world.  I just kept thinking about how if I sent the kids to public school my life could be like this everyday.

No comments: