Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Harajuku Part 2

Christmas is pretty different here in Japan than what we are used to.  The vast majority of the population are not Christian but they have adopted some of the holiday.  As far as I can tell they decorate for Christmas and are big into lights and that is it.  While exploring in Harajuku we found a pink Christmas tree.

Ever since the amazing cotton candy I got in the Philippines the kids have been dying to try it.  They have a very similar thing in Tokyo so we had to get it.
I don't think it was as good though, and it cost three times as much and we had to wait forever to get it.  Out of all the things we did that day this was the think I could have skipped.  The kids would not agree with me.


We made it just in time to eat at Kawaii Monster Cafe before they closed to get ready for the night crowed.
The decorations were stellar.


The food was even very pretty.



But I have to say, it was ridiculously expensive and no one really even liked the food.

It was good for a one time Japan experience, but I doubt I will ever go here again.  I think we spent over $200 and all left hungry.
We walked by a pet store on the way back to the train and had to stop and take a peek.  They had the cutest puppies!  This little guy was about $6,300.  Some cats were $8,000!  The Japanese people are really serious about their pets.

1 comment:

Gayle Daly said...

Wow - the colors are amazing. Too bad the food didn't taste great. What an experience.